Re: [RE: [Activity logging & archiving tool]]

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 17:44:11 2003
On 25 Nov 2003, at 16:28, joshua sahala wrote:

<[email protected]> wrote:
Or Ciscoworks. A config change sends a syslog event to CW which in
turn knows to go grab the latest copy of the config. I believe
there are some reporting capabilities too, simple diff routines and
archives of past configs.
or if you cannot afford cisco works (or would rather spend the money
on other things...), you can do something similar with swatch.  just
look for the syslog string:

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by $user

then trigger a rancid run on that device
I once wrote a rancid-like tool that did that (scripted config gets triggered by syslog). I haven't touched it since I met rancid, but some people tell me that they like it:

ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/ciscoconf/ciscoconf-1.1.tar.gz

Joe