Re: [Re: [RE: MPLS billing model]]

  • From: joshua sahala
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 15:32:37 2003

Alex Rubenstein <[email protected]> wrote:

> > we are still in the testing phases, but i believe that we are
> > planning to use a port+traffic billing scheme, if/when we go live
> > and start trying to sell it
>
> do you mean:
>
> 	$port + $traffic_through_port
>
> or:
>
> 	$port + $traffic_over_vpn_tunnel
>

> I ask this, because, it's very possible that the customer facing port
> could be a VLAN trunk, and that there would be a hub-and-spoke config
> to multiple leaf ports; other variations exist, as well.

good question...i don't think that we had considered that.  the
expectation was that most of the ports would be serial.  guess that is
another wrench i can throw at the project ;)

thanks

/joshua

> -- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben --
> --    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --

"Walk with me through the Universe,
 And along the way see how all of us are Connected.
 Feast the eyes of your Soul,
 On the Love that abounds.
 In all places at once, seemingly endless,
 Like your own existence."
     - Stephen Hawking -