Re: Anit-Virus help for all of us??????

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 14:05:46 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:21:36 EST, Wojtek Zlobicki <[email protected]>  said:
> I would hate to blame the users here.  In most organizations it is the
> role of the IT Dept to manage the workstations and not end users.

Remember that Joe Sixpack's IT Dept may not be available past 9:30PM
because it's a school night....

Yes, in large organizations, it's the IT Dept's problem.  However, I'm
fairly sure that the vast majority of PC's are home/SOHO/small company
boxes that don't have an IT Dept.  I know for a fact that a music store
I do a lot of business with had their computer (singular) set up by a
college kid who got paid in guitar gear and then split town.  It's worked
for 4 years, and the store owner figures it will cost him another guitar
to get it fixed if it ever breaks. :)