Re: looking for a review of traffic shapers

  • From: William Caban
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 09:05:12 2003

A resume of some of the answers I have received:

What's missing from (at least some) current traffic shaping appliances
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/what-shapers-need.pdf

Ten Odd Strategies for Picking Numerical Values for Your Traffic Shaper
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/picking-a-shaper-policy.pdf

The Case for Traffic Shaping at Internet2 Schools
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/i2-traffic-shaping.ppt

Bandwidth Management Strategies and Methodologies
http://rdweb.cns.vt.edu/~cgaylord/talks/20020507-i2bandwidth.pdf

Bandwidth Managers: Going With The Flow
http://www.bcr.com/bcrmag/2003/04/p32.asp

Reviewing Packet Shaping Products
http://www.net.cmu.edu/docs/arch/qospe-pre.html

Succesful Bandwidth Management at Crnegie Mellon
http://www.net.cmu.edu/pres/jt0803/

Bandwidth Management Technologies
http://www.etinc.com/index.php?page=bwcompare.htm

Thanks everyone.