SORBS DUL (Dynamic User List) announcement and suggestions welcome.

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 17:40:06 2003

For those that didn't see it, I believe it is on topic as it is relating to connectivity/locations of ISPs mailservers.

---
Subject: Notice SORBS DNSbl users, regarding the easynet blacklists being discontinued Dec 1 2003

Hi All,

As of a last night SORBS imported and merged the Easynet (Wirehub) Dynablock database into the SORBS DUL.

SORBS also has included the Dynablock exceptions list and now has a mechanism to include more exceptions to the DUL should they be nessesary.

Users of the EasyNet Dynablock are welcome to use the SORBS DUL, however please remember that the Dynablock list was merged with the SORBS DUL. The DUL is available on its own as: dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net It is also available via the aggregate zone: dnsbl.sorbs.net

Any positive entry in the DUL will return 127.0.0.10

Yours

Matthew
@ SORBS
---

Network operators, you are welcome and requested to submit your networks, both static and dynamic to SORBS for inclusion/exclusion from the list. A number of you already do, for which I thank you, however with the import of a massive amount of data there are likely to be a couple or errors here and there , if you see any please mail me directly and I will be happy to correct the entry by either removing it or by creating an exclusion.

My next planned work on SORBS is as mentioned a few days ago, creating a whitehat system for the spam databases. Again assuming I am not called off topic when it is complete I will announce it here and discuss it offlist. If anyone wishes to talk to me about SORBS which would be considered offtopic please mail me privately or subscribe and post to the public '[email protected]' list.

Also network listed over the last few days in the spam database are requested to contact me as soon as possible as there are some virus mails that got into a spamtrap that made it into the system, these need to be removed asap, so if you are blocked or see any, please mail me offlist and I will sort them aout as soon as possible. (Earthlink representitive (if you are listening) I think one of your servers got in it, but I am unable to get an IP from your users at the moment)

Thanks

Yours

Matthew