Re: Anit-Virus help for all of us??????

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 16:14:42 2003

In message <[email protected]>, Valdis.Kletni
[email protected] writes:

>Question: What speed access is needed to guarantee "mean time to download
>patches" is significantly less than "mean time to probed by packet-to-0wn"
>(significantly == 20x lower still gives a 5% chance of getting 0wned
>while patching)?

It's not just the download time, it's the install time.  I recently
upgraded a win2k box to winxp.  Download was very fast -- my office has
excellent connectivity.  But the patch installation took so long that I
had to disconnect the Ethernet cable so I could go home.