RE: Anit-Virus help for all of us?????? Must have more Free!

  • From: Brennan_Murphy
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 15:42:06 2003

If only free could become contagious (no pun intended) and we could
all accomplish what we need to with, for example,
free bandwidth, free server hardware, free network
engineering....free apple macintoshes :-)... Ha-ha, ho-ho, he-he.....

---------------

All kidding aside...is "free" the answer to the current
insecurity of the Internet?  I hope not! :-) Speaking
as someone who knows at least a fraction of what's
involved in AV/FW research... free is not likely to deliver
us any time soon. Free is almost always marketing.
But of course, people and their pocketbooks tend to decide
how these things go...

-BM

PS http://us.mcafee.com/root/catalog.asp?catid=free

...neener-neener... :)