Re: Anit-Virus help for all of us??????

  • From: Richard Cox
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 14:32:39 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:46:26 -0800
"Jeff Shultz" <[email protected]> wrote:
| Personally I wish that there was something that we could install
| on customer machines that would absolutely and totally block the
| installation of net.net stuff, to the point of deleting any
| installation files that have been downloaded.

The latest version of Zone Alarm Pro does stop all applications from
accessing the net outbound unless specifically authorised, and it does
check the executable by checksum to make sure it hasn't been changed.

Of course, this doesn't cope with the clueless who are willing to click
on just about anything, particularly if it looks cute, but the one good
point about Zone Alarm Pro is that it requires a separate authorisation
before any executable is allowed to access an external site on Port 25.

--
Richard Cox