Re: RR/ATDN NYC

  • From: Doug Barton
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 12:36:02 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Will Yardley wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 11:25:22PM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>
> > The only two folks that I was not able to reach were Yahoo! and SBCGlobal.
>
> I've had good success reaching Yahoo based on the contact information in
> the Arin whois; called the number on there, and got through to a real
> person fairly quickly. This was a month ago.

That's good to hear! Over the last 2.5 years I've put a lot of work into
making sure our whois stuff is up to date. I still have a few things to
punch up before I fully transition to my new position, but if you notice
something that's out of date, please feel free to let me know.

> I'm told that you can also email ynoc-request at yahoo dot com (for
> normal NOC type queries only, I assume).

Correct. They do a great job of routing requests to the proper channels,
so if it's actually something significant, don't hesitate to mail them.

Doug

--
  Doug Barton, Yahoo! DNS Administration and Development

    "You like pain? Try wearing a corset!"
        Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann, in
        "Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"