Re: RR/ATDN NYC

  • From: Will Yardley
  • Date: Mon Nov 24 00:07:58 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 11:25:22PM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> The only two folks that I was not able to reach were Yahoo! and SBCGlobal.

I've had good success reaching Yahoo based on the contact information in
the Arin whois; called the number on there, and got through to a real
person fairly quickly. This was a month ago. I'm told that you can also
email ynoc-request at yahoo dot com (for normal NOC type queries only, I
assume).

> And Jared's list is excellent, but even contacting those not listed
> there via ARIN info, etc. yielded quick responses.

I removed our listing there because we were getting so much spam
to the email address that was posted there (which can't really be
spam-filtered, for obvious reasons) - that's the only place the
address was posted except in the ARIN whois. After getting rid of the
old POC, no problems. So a useful service, but I really wish they'd do
more to at least try and trick address harvesting bots.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."