Re: how to fix bad referral in pir.org whois?

  • From: william
  • Date: Fri Nov 21 18:54:29 2003

> I have four .org domains that I transferred from gandi to godaddy a couple
> of months ago.  However, the pir.org whois still lists whois.gandi.net
> as the referral whois.  For example:
>
>         Domain ID:             D46124408-LROR
>         Domain Name:           HTCP.ORG
>         Created On:            05-Dec-2000 03:30:16 UTC
>         Last Updated On:       08-Sep-2003 21:28:55 UTC
>         Expiration Date:       05-Dec-2004 03:30:16 UTC
>         Sponsoring Registrar:  Go Daddy Software, Inc. (R91-LROR)
>         Registrant Name:       SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
>         Registrant Street1:    Whois Server:whois.gandi.net
>         Registrant Street2:    Referral URL:http://www.gandi.net
>         Admin Name:            SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
>         Billing Name:          SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
>         Tech Name:             SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
>         Name Server:           NS.PACKET-PUSHERS.COM
>         Name Server:           NS2.PACKET-PUSHERS.COM

The sponsoring registrar (godaddy) is responsible for fixing it, in fact
they are suppososed to reenter your information to be listed directly at
PIR whois (instead of as referral to their own whois) upon the transfer.
They are likely waiting to do it in bulk for multiple domains, but you can
insist they do it ASAP for your domain, send email to their support.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
[email protected]