Re: RBLs in use

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 17:51:17 2003

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Kai Schlichting <[email protected]> writes:

BT have (quite rightly) been repeatedly blocked by DNSBL's and private
lists as a result of their poor record in handling abuse incidents (whether
that's by intent or negligence by way of a colossal management failure is
another debate entirely).

How sure are you, beyond just the usual nan(og|ae) idle chatter?  BT is much better off than some ISPs I can think of.

I do happen to know they have a few good people in there working for them.

There are? SORBS has been listing BT for some time now because of the continual stream of spam to the spamtraps, and first contact was made within the last 7 days - and from memory that mail appear to be a bit of throwing ones weight around (which doesn't wash with me at all - everyone is treated the same, and if I am treated with respect I treat others with respect).

If the guy is asking for DNSBLs to use, and you have some good ones in mind, help him, I'd say.

I agree, though based on the recent communication I wonder whether someone is after finding out whether they should be able to safely ignore lists such as mine ... ;-/

Yours

Mat

PS: If there are BT staffers here with clout, you might want to contact me over the listings. Noone is exempt from listing in SORBS, but proven whitehats don't get blocked.