Re: RBLs in use

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 13:10:45 2003

On 11/20/2003 at 10:51 AM, "Paul S. Brown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nope,

> Just an ISP with normal ISP type operational spam problems. I'm trying to
> quantify how often we actually appear on RBL, but I want to get some idea of
> how much credence to give to appearing on any given list.

> For example something like the old Dorkslayers lists should be ignored because
> they would blacklist you if you sneezed at the wrong time, however MAPS is
> probably a good list.

> P.

Based on what you said in
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bneav9%2410frig%241%40ID-169718.news.uni-berlin.de&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

you appear to be working for BT (British Telecom).

BT have (quite rightly) been repeatedly blocked by DNSBL's and private
lists as a result of their poor record in handling abuse incidents (whether
that's by intent or negligence by way of a colossal management failure is
another debate entirely).

Are you looking to apply leverage internally to arrange for that situation
to change, or are you (perhaps) attempting to gather information which your
employer can use to harass or pursue DNSBL maintainers or other spam foes
in some way?"

I have several individuals privately voicing this suspicion to me, along
with other wild suspicions, like: has BT hired Mark E. "Felonstein" Felstein
to provide legal advice based on his impeccable experience gained in the
E-Marketers of America vs. SPEWS et.al. case?
(http://www.spamhaus.org/legal/index.html)

bye,Kai