Re: RBLs in use

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 10:58:21 2003

I run the Abusive Hosts Blocking List (http://www.ahbl.org).  We list
everything from spam sources, to spam supporters, open proxies, open relays,
drones, etc.

Its in use on all of the mail servers I help administrate (which includes
several fortune 500 companies, half a dozen regional ISPs, and several .edu
sites), plus SpamHaus, SpamCop BL, SORBS, EasyNet, and several others, which
help balance out protection.

A good list of all known ones is up at:
http://www.declude.com/junkmail/support/ip4r.htm

The only DNSbl which you really should avoid like the plague is the XBL
(which I believe is gone at this point).

In the various places where I've gotten a look at their spam protection,
SpamHaus is very popular, as is SpamCop's BL.
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources
http://www.sosdg.org

The AHBL - http://www.ahbl.org