Re: New IANA IPv4 Allocations

  • From: Bruce Campbell
  • Date: Wed Nov 19 06:38:24 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003,  John Brown (CV) wrote:
> > It would be good for them to sign such posts with
> > a well known PGP key...
>
> After we get IANA in the habit of publishing an annoucement when it
> allocates a new IPv4 block to the RIRs, then we can work on improving
> the process.

At least when I've been watching, the IANA/ICANN borg has made a public
post about new allocations being made to the RIRs to NANOG (and other
forums) within a reasonable timeframe.

I think that one problem here is that team Cymru, with their every half
hour page scraper of interesting sites, manages to beat the authoritative
people to the punch each time as team Cymru simply do not have the same
unseen formalities that the IANA/RIRs need to go through.

As long as RobT continues to be an amusing speaker, I'm not too worried ;)

--==--
Bruce.