Re: Santa Fe city government computers knocked out by worm

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Mon Nov 17 13:19:58 2003

> > On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:26:50 EST, Alex Yuriev said:
> >
> > > Because for people outside our little industry the software is a tool to
> > > get a JOB done, not the job itself.

Valdis Kletnieks responded:
> > It doesn't take long for the average mechanic to learn that buying cheap
> > wrenches is a bad idea.

to which Alex replied:
> Do you take your car to McLaren service center? Why not? They definitely
> have better tools.

To which I say:
No, but if the mechanic I did go to had a habit of using tools that regularly
caused my car to halt and catch fire with me in it, I think I'd switch
mechanics until I found somebody that used more reliable tools.
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui