Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Fri Nov 14 19:08:35 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Stephen J. Wilcox writes on 11/14/2003 6:55 PM:
>
> > So who's job is it to clean this up - I dont think proxy aggregation is a good
> > idea as someone suggested, the only people in a position to fix this are the ISP
> > themselves, their upstreams and their peers.
>
> Thank you for making my point for me.

Huh? Your one liner didnt make a point.. ?

> Nobody - other than the people actually announcing the routes (and their
> upstreams and peers) can resolve this problem.
>
> So self discipline is the only solution - and that looks like it isn't
> going to happen anytime soon.

Erm right but see, thats the problem they're announcing lots of routes they dont
need to be and dont have self discipline, they need teaching and its not nobody,
other than themselves they have their peers and their upstreams, and their
upstreams in particular are going ot have the most control on dictating policy..

Steve