Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Fri Nov 14 12:57:30 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Stephen J. Wilcox writes on 11/14/2003 7:16 AM:
>
> > So anyway, was discussing the cidr report at the last nanog.. I was pointing out
> > that deaggregation is discouraged by the naming and shaming and then someone
> > else pointed out that this list has scarcely altered in months.
> >
> > So, what can we do as the operator community if this report isnt having the
> > desired effect?
>
> Stop accepting /24 type routes?

Yeah maybe but what about where the RIRs have assigned independent /24 space..
or ISPs have subdelegated the IPs to a multihomed customer, was more thinking
about where a bunch of routes originating from a single ASN can be aggregated
rather than routing bloat in general. There are numerous such examples of people
with eg a /19 announcing 32x /24 etc

Steve