Re: looking for pull traffic

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Thu Nov 13 17:44:56 2003

> Ahh, but are you saying that current blow-based transit pricing is stable?

ah.  no.  current transit pricing is way way lower than a non-bankrupt
provider can afford to do it for on an ROI that the public markets would
find worthy of their praise.  eventually, all kinds of flies are going
to hit all kinds of windshields.  but there's so much bankrupt asset in
the field right now that nobody still knows how much anything really
costs them to produce.  so it's apparently stable for now.

> Maybe I am exceptionally naive, but are DDOSes *REALLY* that consistent
> between providers to affect month-over-month or quarterly ratios?

yes.  because if you're a small provider then you only need a small flow
to balance yourself.  and the 95th percentile cuts both ways.