Re: The Internet's Immune System

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Nov 12 23:36:03 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:56:50 EST, Jamie Reid <[email protected]>  said:
> It would be useful if these sites allowed you to query them with CIDR ranges
> to see if your site had originated any traffic that triggered their sensor
> array

I've always wondered how to do this securely in an ad-hoc manner.

The guys at MAPS send me a report once a week of stuff that's in my
netblocks, but that involved contacting them and presumably at least
some verification that I was affiliated with the netblocks.

How do you prevent Joe Scriptkid from asking it "what vulnerable machines
are coming out of ASrandom"?