Re: Portable Cooling

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Wed Nov 12 14:28:44 2003

--On Wednesday, November 12, 2003 16:07 +0000 [email protected] wrote:

I searched the archives and couldn't find anything about a portable
cooling
units so am resorting to posting, sorry if its redundant.

I am setting up a development lab and need additional cooling on a
temporary
basis.

<snip>
IMHO, portable coolers are a bad idea. They add noise to the environment
and increase the overall heat level due to the consumption of electricty.
When we had them in our office for a week, I started working 3 hour days
to escape the hellish atmosphere. In the past I regularly worked in
buildings that were 35 degrees Celsius indoors (2 degrees C less than
core body temperature) and it was much more comfortable than that week
with the portable coolers.

There are air to water a/c units or chillers. We used one such unit. They can be located just about anywhere since they can pump, or be fed water through a hose, and drain via another hose.

In fact we have the unit still for sale if anyone is interested they may contact me privately and I'd be glad to give you any details you may need. The manuf. is Koldwave BTW.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you