Re: law enforcement contacts

  • From: Dave Stewart
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 02:26:23 2003

At 02:13 AM 11/11/2003, J. Oquendo wrote:
Uhm... Correct me if I missed something, but LEO's get paid to uphold the
law BY ACTING on crime in their expertise and if it's out of their range
(juridstiction) an `LEO` should have better contacts than someone on the
outside.
Perhaps they will have contacts, but c'mon... how many of 'em do you really believe care?

Basically, if it isn't child porn/sexual abuse, most law enforcement agencies have bigger fish to fry... or at least, think they do. They don't care to get involved in a problem that could potentially involve multiple jurisdictions... it's just too much hassle, and they have plenty going on locally.

I *have* had encouraging results from the local folk, but that's the exception rather than the rule