RE: [Re: This may be stupid but.. ]

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 18:13:02 2003

As someone who once had a CCIE (5465), and who has encountered many
certified individuals from various certifying organizations, in my
experience, certification proves that the person has the certificate
and little else. It does not prove they are incompetent. It certainly
does not prove they are competent. I will say I have encountered more
MCSEs that were incompetent than almost any other certification. I will
also say that I have yet to meet an MCSE+I that knows anything about
networking (unless I met the person and didn't know they were an MCSE+I).

Owen