Re: [Re: This may be stupid but.. ]

  • From: Matt Levine
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 14:56:48 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 2:38 PM, Daniel Roesen wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:51:55PM -0500, Fisher, Shawn wrote:
I agree certifications are overated at best.

Give me someone with the right attitude and I'll teach him anything.

Showing the ability to get things done is the greatest skill imo.
I once read the following and saved it away...

"Hire and promote first on the basis of integrity; second, motivation;
third, capacity; fourth, understanding; fifth, knowledge; and last and
least, experience. Without integrity, motivation is dangerous; without
motivation, capacity is impotent; without capacity, understanding is
limited; without understanding, knowledge is meaningless; without
knowledge, experience is blind. Experience is easy to provide and
quickly put to good use by people with all the other qualities."

Have no clue who's the origin.
So what you're saying is you want cisco to certify people's integrity? :)

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Matt Levine <[email protected]>
"The Trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was." -BIX