Email security issues

  • From: Adi Linden
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 14:13:33 2003

Hi,

Is there a place to discuss and find solutions for email related security
issues?

I've just receives a nice email from my banker (ok, it claims to be from
my banker) asking me to visit my banks website and confirm my email
address. This email is by far the most convincing piece of fraud I
received to date so far. The URL loads up the bank page plus a popup
provoding a login. Looking at the source of the popup it revels that it is
positively not a legit source and most likely used to harvest peoples
access information.

Thoughts?
Adi