Re: [Re: Openwave Opinions]

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 11:21:24 2003

joshua sahala writes on 11/10/2003 11:03 AM:

there are some online spam archives that you can download and feed, and
while it may take you a little time to write a script to push the archives
training on your spam feed is what will work for you. rather longish and laborious process though.

i am no longer associated with them, but usa.net has some good stuff too,
and while i would, for financial reasons, prefer to roll my own,
Oh yes. Definitely.

outsourcing can be an effective way to manage your email, but it comes
down to a cost/benefit analysis.
Doesn't everything, ultimately? :)

Or you might elect to get a managed antispam solution that plugs into your mta (kind of like brightmail or spamsquelcher.org)
brightmail is quite good
I can say that spamsquelcher is really very good - I know some of the people behind it, and I got to see their stuff at ISPCON. It has a lot of potential (treat your inbound spam flow the same way you'd treat an inbound DDoS, sample inbound SMTP and QoS down suspected traffic)

i agree - like i said above, you can tailor it to suit your needs.  one
size does not necessarily fit all
yup.

	srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations