Re: Web hijacking by router - a new method of advertisement byBelkin

  • From: Kee Hinckley
  • Date: Fri Nov 07 23:46:25 2003

At 2:37 PM -0800 11/7/03, [email protected] wrote:
bad requests and just decided that every 8 hours it would be ok to
replace your original webrequest (from any computer connected through that
router) with one going to their own server advertising their product/service.
It appears that they've learned their lesson. This is tacked at the bottom of the front page at Belkin.

Important message from Belkin:
We at Belkin apologize for the recent trouble our customers have experienced with the wireless router/browser redirect issue. We will be offering firmware fixes available for download early next week. We do not have exact details yet but we can tell you now that each router's firmware that incorporates Parental Control as an option will be changed.

Please expect more detailed information to follow early next week. Thank you.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.