Re: 24-port Gigabit + two 10Gb uplinks

  • From: Eric Kuhnke
  • Date: Thu Nov 06 20:50:20 2003

Certainly we'll never see them at that level from "Company C".  I don't
think they have ever sold anything of substance for $1500.  Heck, they
still list the 2511 at around $3700 if you want 16/16 memory in it.
Never say "never"...

Here's a brand new WS-C2950 for $1108. Why would the new 24*Gb + 10Gb uplink switches not be similarly priced in 3 or 4 years? It's possible the manufacturing of XENPAK optics is an order of magnitude more difficult... but I think there will be adequate competition in the marketplace soon enough.

http://www.lanblvd.com/productpage.cfm?prodid=796