Re: Hijacked IP space.

  • From: Chris Lewis
  • Date: Tue Nov 04 11:21:21 2003

Ray Wong wrote:

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:47:44PM -0500, Chris Lewis wrote:

The .224/24, on the other hand, it a real sewer.

I'm starting to figure that, given the delays, there's been enough damage
done that 204.89.224/24 will never be able to get off the blocking lists
anyway, so perhaps I'll turn it back in afterall. *sigh*  That's what
I get for trying to find low-cost ISPs willing to announce portable
space.
As strange as this may seem, I still think there's hope since it's thoroughly covered by existing DNSBLs. A few POCs, and you should be able to get it delisted. Yes, there's local listings such as ours, but the number of local BLs that identify specific blocks in _advance_ of, say, SBL, should be relatively small. And we're quick to delist once we find out.

But _first_, you have to get it disconnected from whose hijacking it now. There's no way you can get it delisted given it's _current_ metrics, not a chance.