RE: Sabotage investigation of fiber cuts in Northwest

  • From: Henry Linneweh
  • Date: Mon Nov 03 12:12:19 2003

I tend to agree, fiber rings when built out correctly have subtending rings to handle
redundancy with extremely low delay times 50ms at worse

-Henry

"Douglas S. Peeples" <[email protected]> wrote:

What you describe is a folded ring and is indicative of either a temporary
solution or bad network design. As a rule, phone companies and capacity
suppliers build very robust systems.

Douglas S. Peeples
Technology Assurance Labs