Re: IPv6 NAT

  • From: Scott McGrath
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 13:46:11 2003

Agreed NAT's do not create security although many customers believe they
do.  NAT's _are_ extremely useful in hiding network topologies from casual
inspection.

What I usually recommend to those who need NAT is a stateful firewall in
front of the NAT.  The rationale being the NAT hides the topology and the
stateful firewall provides the security boundary.

                            Scott C. McGrath