RE: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

  • From: Kuhtz, Christian
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 16:27:15 2003

> In a message written on Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:24:54PM
> -0600, Kuhtz, Christian wrote:
> > Isn't that the whole point of running a VPN connection?
>
> Yes.  What I'm saying is network operators are slowly forcing
> everyone to run _everything_ over a VPN like service.  That's
> fine, but it makes network operators unable to act on the
> traffic at the same level they can today.

How do they act on it today?

If you want a diff served VPN or anything done to something in it, you're
going to have to sign up for a service that can do that.. Or mark your vpn
streams on the outside accordingly...  You can do that with IPSEC in TCP by
marking the wrapper if you wish..

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers.60"