Re: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 12:22:53 2003

Right... Forgot about the SNMP breakage. SIP doesn't depend on knowing
which host it's talking to from the source address, but, it does depend
on being able to assign RTP session parameters based on IP addresses
contained within the SIP payload. Thus, when the SIP payload goes through
a NAT box and the payload is not modified accordingly, the RTP session
rarely works out right.

Owen