Re: SoCal fires

  • From: Grant A. Kirkwood
  • Date: Mon Oct 27 22:26:41 2003

Andy Grosser said:

> First, I hope everyone is doing OK out there.  I experienced a good deal
> of the surreality of CA's complex ecosystem when I lived there a while
> back, and I know things can be pretty scary.
>
> Secondly, anyone have any outage-related news for network traffic in San
> Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura, Orange, or LA counties?

Thanks for the thoughts. It was a hairy weekend around here.

I've heard from numerous local ISPs (mostly of the DSL/dialup variety)
reporting that trunks to a large number of affected neighborhoods are
completely offline, presumably due to either the widespread power outages
or the consumption of physical infrastructure by the intense flames.

Grant

--
Grant A. Kirkwood - grant(at)tnarg.org
Fingerprint = D337 48C4 4D00 232D 3444 1D5D 27F6 055A BF0C 4AED