Re: ISPs' willingness to take action

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Mon Oct 27 05:09:23 2003

Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSLS wrote:

I'm really surprised to hear the assertion that people are
leaving unfirewalled Exchange servers out on the net.
Is this actually common? /shudders...

If that causes you to shudder I won't tell you the extend of the Exchange Servers I have found on the internet to date.

The problem is more that there is no 'easy' VPN solution, and without it you have the situation of companies making Exchange accessable in a semi-unfirewalled state (semi in that some ports are firewalled however the Microsoft ports are not).

/ Mat

PS: Some of the worst are in the SORBS database because they couldn't even work out how to secure them against simple relay.