Re: NOAA warning for rf communications

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Fri Oct 24 09:25:20 2003

Owen DeLong wrote:

> This will not likely affect point-to-point line-of-site communications above 50Mhz.
> It will likely affect non-terrestrial communications and HF communications depending
> on ionospheric reflection.
>
> Owen

Ummm...

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/cell_phone_020306.html

900 mhz and 1800 mhz. And facing East or West. And Satellite, somewhat
above 2.0 ghz.

And a significant number of ISPs are currently employing 802.11 2.4 and
5.0+ ghz equipment for last mile links (Proxim Tsunami) and Motorola
Canopy gear.

There are also warnings regarding parts of the power grid.

However, fair warning. Perhaps Sean Donelan knows more?

NK6S
--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.