Re: NOAA warning for rf communications

  • From: Roy
  • Date: Fri Oct 24 02:40:52 2003

According to the notice

"Satellite and other spacecraft operations, power systems, high frequency communications, and navigation systems may experience disruptions over this two-week period."

I think you will find that 802.11b and other terrestrial microwave LOS links don't meet any of those criteria and should be unaffected. Some small increase in the noise level may be detected.

Chris Yarnell wrote:

my office experienced 802.11b weirdness (sudden bouts of 0% signal for no
apparent reason) earlier this week. i'm fully expecting more tomorrow. :)

There is a high likelihood that things like 802.11, licensed and
unlicensed microwave links, and certainly satellite links will sustain
interference over the next few days. I assume that everyone on the list
is both aware, and prepared ;-)