Re: Hijacked IP blocks

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Tue Oct 21 09:36:08 2003

either do it for all or for none) So I hope that any of you that may have
questinable blocks in current  use would on your stop and return them to
the state they were before in  whois or return them to arin or continue
using the blocks and apply to officially transfer them (remember ARIN
currently does transfers at no  extra charge, this will not last
forever!!!).

While I agree that this is the right thing to do, the statement that ARIN does
transfers at "no extra charge", while technically true, does not paint a complete
picture of the truth. While there is no charge for the transfer, there are
potential financial consequences. They are minor, but, they exist. If you have
legacy space which was allocated pre-ARIN and you transfer it to your own
ORG-ID, you will go from Legacy "free" status to current "$100/year" status.

Owen