Re: data request on Sitefinder

  • From: Kee Hinckley
  • Date: Mon Oct 20 21:43:08 2003

At 2:35 PM -0700 10/20/03, Henry Linneweh wrote:
I see serious troubles ahead, imagine a client of a client who has
lets say 3,000+ servers on-line and new list of clients is added and
there is a typo and all 3,000 servers are redirected with 10's of
thousands of clients, each with the potential to sue in both directions.

But clearly the problem there is in the UI for the application they used. After all, if the application had just looked up the host name the admin entered, and checked first to see if it had an A record, then the typo would have been detected immediately, instead of after deployment.

:-)

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/ Next Generation Spam Defense