RE: [Fwd: [IP] VeriSign to revive redirect service]

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Thu Oct 16 19:42:50 2003

But aren't we back at the same argument we had a few weeks ago about what is
SiteFinder?

Some people argue SiteFinder is the thing at sitefinder.verisign.com and,
hence, is different from the wildcard that points to it. So your patch
breaks the redirection (and personally, I shudder at calling an A record
redirection, but perhaps that's a bias from years in the DNS business with
customers who throw that word around in all kinds of inappropriate contexts)

Others, like myself, would argue that SiteFinder is VeriSign marketing's
brand name for the wildcard record and the thing it points to. With that
definition, the ISC patch does break SiteFinder...

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
[email protected]