Re: possible ORG problems, maybe?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu Oct 16 16:44:46 2003
On 16 Oct 2003, at 11:25, Bruce Campbell wrote:

I know to look for 'version.bind', 'id.server', 'version.server' and a few
others, but I hadn't considered asking for 'whoareyou.arbitary.domain'.
Why would other people consider it?
Incidentally, there is a similar mechanism available for the F root nameserver, in case people are not aware:

dig @f.root-servers.net hostname.bind chaos txt

For most people this will reveal a nameserver hostname with a "PAO" or an SFO in it. People within the catchment of a local anycast node of F will see different site codes.

"hostname.bind CH TXT" is a general feature of BIND 9, and not a special feature of F.

Joe