Re: Verisign to sell Network Solutions

  • From: Adam C. Greenfield
  • Date: Thu Oct 16 12:02:52 2003

It is a much better idea that these functions are performed by a
seperate (IMHO). Of course they are doing it to resolve the conflict of
interest issue, and the people saying (and filing suit) about the fact
that SiteFinder is un-fair competition between them and the other
registrars.

I'm not really sure that this is the ideal resolution (or a resolution
at all for the conflict of interest piece at all), because they are
still maintaining a 15% stake in the NetSol entity. But IANAL so..

While these events are intersting, I think its best that we move the
focus back to the very operational issue of Sitefinders affect on the
internet. Hopefully (while unlikely) this transition should have little
or no effect on the DNS system at large. While this might not turn out
to be the case, he can hope, can't we?