RE: Pitfalls of annoucing /24s

  • From: McBurnett, Jim
  • Date: Thu Oct 16 09:52:46 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: Phil Rosenthal [mailto:[email protected]]

->As long as it's provider assigned, and your provider announces the
->supernet that the /24 is from, it will still work.  If you
->announce PI
->space out of the old class A space in /24's, many networks
->wont be able
->to reach you.

I am not sure I agree with this.
We are annoucing a /24 from the 66 /8 block and I have only found 2 ISP's
(according the the netlantis project) that can't reach me.
We are multihomed. I suspect that may be due to aggregation.
But even with our backup online, I still saw the routes propogate via
Netlantis..

Or am I out in left field going nuts?

Later,
Jim