Re: possible ORG problems, maybe?

  • From: William Astle
  • Date: Thu Oct 16 01:05:57 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Joe Abley wrote:

> I think I'm seeing problems performing recursive queries for names
> under ORG against tld[12].ultradns.net at the moment, which is causing
> resolvers without cached data to behave as if domains don't exist.
>
> It's not trivial to tell whether this is just a local problem, since
> all the authoritative nameservers for ORG are anycast instances (i.e. I
> might just be unlucky in that my local tld[12].ultradns.net nodes are
> behaving unexpectedly). Is anybody else seeing issues?

That might explain the complaints some of my customers are getting from
people unable to send email to them at their .org domains. What I'm seeing
is this:

Even though my name servers are working correctly and answering up the
correct information for the .org domains in question, a rather disturbing
number of people are receiving bounce messages which indicate that the
domain doesn't exist. Note that the domains in question are all .org
domains and are not expired.

Unfortunately, I cannot identify a pattern to where these people who are
having problems are since I do not have enough information. I am also not
seeing any unusual behaviour with .org domain resolution from my name
servers.

--
William Astle
finger [email protected] for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP [email protected] 5++ X !R [email protected] [email protected] !DI D? G e++ h+ y?