Re: Pitfalls of annoucing /24s

  • From: K. Scott Bethke
  • Date: Wed Oct 15 18:51:48 2003

Hi Andy,

Verio says they accept old class-a space at the /22 orshorter level so that
isn't it.  I am fairly certain you can not successfully multihome with PA
class-A space..  If you are not announcing that /22 to AT&T then anyone that
is single-homed to AT&T (or preferring them) will probably not be able to
reach your /22.  I ran into this problem with some 4/8 space that Level3
assigned to me by mistake.  So you are dealing with more of a Policy issue
rather than general prefix filter.

-Scott