Pitfalls of annoucing /24s

  • From: Jean-Christophe Smith
  • Date: Wed Oct 15 16:36:52 2003

In current practice would there be serious jeopardy of portions of the
internet not being able to reach this address space due to bgp filters or
other restrictions? What is the smallest acceptable block of IPs that can be
announced without adverse or unpredictable results? Verio would most likely
be picking up these routes from us. I don't want to cause a religious
debate, but I am interested in what the industry consensus is.

I'm just doing some research, any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jean-Christophe Smith