Re: domainmonger.com with wildcard NS?

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Tue Oct 14 13:55:20 2003

just me <[email protected]> writes:

> In theory this doesnt break anything, since the nameservers in
> question aren't providing recursive service to anyone. Any questions
> they see are the result of a followed delegation. So I don't see why
> this would cause problems anywhere.

I'd sure hate to be the poor fellow having a zone being served from
those nameservers when the inevitable configuration error causes the
zone to get dropped on the floor (for instance an accidental removal
from named.conf).  NXDOMAIN or SERVFAIL sure beats a wildcard match
going to the wrong place.

                                        ---Rob