Re: domainmonger.com with wildcard NS?

  • From: just me
  • Date: Tue Oct 14 13:37:19 2003

Some of the more pedantic registries require that nameservers for a
new domain reg be up and available. In theory they are also supposed
to answer auth for the new domain being registered, but I am not sure
how many actually check for an SOA.

Afternic used to wildcard NS records for that reason, so the practice
isn't anything new.

In theory this doesnt break anything, since the nameservers in
question aren't providing recursive service to anyone. Any questions
they see are the result of a followed delegation. So I don't see why
this would cause problems anywhere.

matto