Re: Juniper M7i, M10i and the US DREN's IPV6 project

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Mon Oct 13 19:54:43 2003

At 06:03 PM 10/13/2003, you wrote:
From the PDF, regarding DREN implemention of ipv6:

No great incentive for DREN sites to implement IPv6
no near term win
additional effort and complexity, generally not funded
Can't deploy in a safe and secure manner
Existing DREN intrusion detection (IDS) architecture incompatible with maturity of products in use
Juniper port mirror lacks IPv6 support

Anybody know what a the new M7i and M10i routers are? Specs, price estimates, release dates, etc?
The M7i is supposed to compete with the Cisco 7100/7200. It is designed as a provider managed CPE for DS3 and OC3 level customers. At least that is the niche they are targeting. It will come in two flavors - integrated dual port 100Base-T or single GigE. It also has an optional service engine for firewall, VPN, IDS, etc. which plugs into the SCB/FPC. I don't think they have been released into production yet, but I could be wrong.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." - Francis Jeffrey