Re: abuse from a user of this list

  • From: Booth, Michael (ENG)
  • Date: Mon Oct 13 14:06:58 2003

> Now, I _do_ take offense to being called a script kiddie.  I've been doing
> development for more then 7 years in various projects under various aliases.

What aliases?

Unless the "aliases" you've used include "vixie" and "rbush", I think this
is testament to your being a script kiddie, concealing your identity out
of concern your parents would ground you, or the feds would lock you
up, for publishing articles in 2600 and Phrack Magazine.  I'm all too
familiar with your type.

> I have never once resorted to the tactics and methods of those who attack
> EFNet servers, SPEWS, Sorbs, Osirusoft, etc.  In fact, most of the people
> who have been attacked are good friends of mine, and I've been working in
> very great detail and using what limited resources and staff we have to help
> these people.

Wouldn't surprise me if you're friends with the attackers too,
considering you seem to wear a black hat as well.

> I'm tired of this, I really am.  My family is upset at the growing amount of
> harassment, and thats dragging me farther and farther into this mess.  I
> have enough health problems to begin with.

I'd like to show some sympathy, but I can't.  You're the one who started
this mess, not them, not anyone else on this list.  Grow up.

> On the Ameritech/SBC AUP issue, the only thing I have to say is that we have
> a business class DSL line, which is specifically for situations like what we
> are doing.

No, it's for businesses connecting to the internet.  It's not for
businesses doing hosting and other high-traffic applications.
SBC/Ameritech has other services for this.  I'll be following up privately
with their abuse department.